Thursday, September 16, 2010

Craft Show Madness


I have been busy the last few weeks getting ready for an upcoming craft show here where I live. I was accepted to have a booth at the Plaza District Festival here in OKC in October. I was busy anyway getting new things made for my Etsy store, but I like making things so I just decided to make more. It is mainly a lot of beadwork. I am making some beaded floral hairpieces, I will show them later when they are finished, and am also beading some hand sewn velvet clutch purses. So for today's show and tell, I have some shoes, a screen in process, and some really cute charm pendants with some of my art work in them.

The shoes I have are just some regular canvas shoes, I am making them for my daughter. She asked me to put Hayao Miyazaki's Totoro characters on them. My Neighbor Totoro is one of our favorite movies to watch as a family and if you haven't ever seen it  you should. So, one of the shoes is Totoro and the other shoe is the Catbus. I haven't painted them yet so they are just drawn in at the time being. I have them on my agenda to do this weekend.

  

I have another blank pair to do as well, but I am still trying to decide what to put on them. 

T have also been making screens for some shirts I am going to make. I took a pic of me drawing in the design on my Zombie shirt:



 
There are two more designs that I am going to have as well, but I figured I will take pics of those after I make the shirts. I do have to say, I love my mod podge after all of this. It is amazing and I will never use anything else.
 
I ordered some resin stickers and some glass cabochons to make pendants with. I spent several hours in Photoshop as well making templates for my pendants so I can put in different designs without having to make new sheets every time. I am going to me making smaller ones as well so I can make charm bracelets with them. The pendants are all 1 inch in size and all the artwork comes from some of my illustrations and doodles I have done. 
 











These were a lot of fun to make and a lot easier than I thought they would be.
If you want more information on the show, you can go to their site: http://plazadistrictfestival.com/

More to come!

1 comment:

quichepup said...

The shoes are awesome unpainted. Go Kia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails