Saturday, March 17, 2012

Toy Shows and Monsters

Okay, this is going to be short basically because I am typing this on  my tablet and it's just a little awkward doing so. It's been a pretty busy time so far. Lots of things being created, we have new jewelry being made using recycled paper beads we rolled by hand, and let me tell you they look awesome! Also have new painted wood pieces being made and charms and paintings just so much fun stuff! I tend to work on everything else that I neglect to share it here, but the fanpage gets hit up so you really should like us on facebook for more up to date information. I (Kiamichi) am going to be participating in the upcoming toy show at DNA Galleries in the Plaza District here in Oklahoma City next week. I just dropped off my entries for it, I painted a cute little wooden bowling ball and pin set that I ordered off of Etsy from this amazing store called IUsedtobeaTree, he makes great wooden blanks for you to paint, and I also dropped off one of my stuffed pig plushies. Here is a picture of the bowling set I made:


I had been reading Dr. Seuss books to my kids and decided to make some silly monsters you might have in your dreams and the bowling ball is a bomb to blow them up with.  It isn't very big as you can see, the bowling ball is about the size of one of those bouncy balls you get out of the 25 cent vending machines at the store. I had to hide them once I was done though cause my 5 year old kept trying to steal it.

Here is my piggy, her name is Penny, I have others but I am going to put tutu's on them, this one is just a cute little pig:


Isn't she adorable! She's really fat too, I think she is one of my favorites.

I am going to post up a poster for the show as well so if any of you are in the area you should come and check it out, there are going to be 30 or so other artists participating and they are all local. Plus the items are all up for sale as well.


So yeah, I think that's about it for now. We are also going to be in a show down in Norman, Oklahoma on March 24 at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds, which is 2 days after this one so come see us there too! Have a great day, week, month!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails