Friday, March 19, 2010

Cards! Lovely litttle Love Cards.

Like I said previously, these were supposed to be for Valentine's Day but hey, love is an every day thing and not a once a year thing so I decided to finish them and VOILA! They are block prints done with magenta speedball ink. The ink is the water soluble kind so it will run if it gets wet. Though it does stain your fingers for a little while. They came out a lot brighter than I thought they would so it was a bit shocking.  I like the designs though, so I think I will play with them as vector images and put them up for sale in the Zazzle store as well. These cards are going into the Etsy shop, hopefully in the next hour or so, definitely by the end of the day.

This is the first time I have done lino cut block printing in a very long time. It felt really good to dig into those blocks and scrape around. I always draw my design out first then transfer it on the block. I am too much of a control freak to just start cutting on those things without knowing where and what I am drawing. Also, you have to remember to do it backwards since it is basically a stamp. I think they turned out pretty well. I think the next batch will go smoother since I finally got the hang of it again.

One more thing, I received an extremely cute photo from one of my mom's co-workers, her boss really, and it is of his grand baby playing with one of my handmade teddy bears.
It is so cute and it made me really happy to see it being played with! Here is the photo:


I need to make more plushies. Have the ideas and the patterns made, just need more material!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails